Friday, January 25

Major Mainlane Closures On I-10 In Far East San Antonio

Drivers on I-10 in Far East San Antonio towards Seguin can expect delays over the next two weekends as construction continues between I-410 and Loop 1604 in this expansion project. Full mainlane closures will be required on both the west and east ends of the work zone to allow our contractors to install stormwater drainage systems underneath I-10. 

All westbound I-10 mainlanes are scheduled to be closed between Loop 1604 and FM 1516 from 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25 until 5 a.m. Monday, Jan. 28. Westbound drivers will exit the mainlanes at Loop 1604, take the frontage road through the Loop 1604 and FM 1516 intersections and re-enter the mainlanes west of FM 1516 (see map below).



On Saturday, Jan. 26, from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m., all eastbound mainlanes are scheduled to be closed on I-10 at the I-410 interchange. Eastbound traffic will detour to Exit 581 (the I-410/Ackerman road exit) and continue traveling east on the connector road that runs parallel to the mainlanes. Although the connector will be reduced to one lane, drivers will be able to re-enter the mainlanes just east of I-410 without having to travel through any roadway intersections (see below).




On Saturday, Feb. 2, from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m., all westbound mainlanes will be closed in the same area between Ackerman Road and I-410. Westbound traffic will detour to Exit 581 (the I-410 exit) and continue traveling west on the connector road that runs parallel to the mainlanes, with traffic reduced to one lane. Drivers then will re-enter the mainlanes just west of I-410, as depicted here:





Additional I-10 East traffic updates will be included in the list of upcoming construction-related closures to be posted in the regular closures post on Friday. As always, traffic closures and detours are weather permitting and subject to change. 

We appreciate everyone’s patience while we work to improve mobility along this busy freeway.