Monday, July 31

TxDOT Opens New Flyover Ramp at Loop 410 and I-10 in East San Antonio



TxDOT Opens New Flyover Ramp at Loop 410 and I-10 in East San Antonio

Opening Marks Major Milestone for Loop 410 and I-10 interchange in East San Antonio

 

Motorists traveling Loop 410 in east San Antonio have a new way to connect to I-10 east. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) announced today that contractors opened the new northbound Loop 410 flyover ramp to eastbound I-10 early Monday morning, July 31. The opening of the flyover ramp is another big step to improve mobility and enhance safety along the east side corridor.

Northbound Loop 410 drivers will use the new flyover ramp to access eastbound I-10. Motorists wanting to access Ackerman Rd. can use the original exit or exit at E. Houston St.

The new northbound flyover ramp is part of TxDOT’s $100 million effort to improve the Loop 410 and I-10 east interchange. Workers will now focus on finishing the westbound I-10 flyover ramp to southbound Loop 410. When completed, the interchange will have two new flyover ramps, new turnarounds at Rigsby Ave. and Ackerman Rd., and frontage road improvements. Williams Brothers Construction Company, Inc., the project contractor, expects to complete the project in early 2025.

The interchange project is part of TxDOT’s Texas Clear Lanes initiative aimed at reducing congestion and improving safety in five of the state’s largest metro areas, including San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas, and Fort Worth.