Friday, April 1

KENDALL COUNTY: WB I-10 ENTRANCE RAMP FROM SH 46 CLOSED UNTIL MAY 2022


 

As part of the ongoing IH-10 frontage road construction the contractor is progressing into the next stage of construction which will require the closure of the existing westbound I-10 entrance ramp from SH-46 (Bandera Rd.).

Construction of the new westbound I-10 entrance ramp will require the temporary closure of the existing westbound SH 46/Bandera Rd. entrance ramp onto I-10 to construct the new westbound SH-46 Entrance ramp and new Westbound Frontage Road that will tie into the new SH-46 pavement, bridge, and frontage road. School Street traffic will be diverted to SH 46. There will not be any additional changes to the intersection traffic configuration at this time.

Work is scheduled to start on Monday April 4, 2022 at 9:00 AM, weather permitting. Construction of the new ramp and westbound frontage road is estimated to take three (3) weeks, weather permitting.

DETOUR:  SH-46/Bandera Rd traffic will be detoured down the Eastbound Frontage Road to the Eastbound SH-46 Entrance ramp onto I-10 and will utilize the next Exit 543 Scenic Loop to be detoured down the eastbound frontage road to the Scenic Loop turnaround. Once under I-10 traffic will be directed back onto the westbound I-10 mainlanes using the existing westbound entrance ramp.