Monday, December 9

Hitting I-10 Toward Houston At Night? Watch Out For Closures This Week

Heads-up highway night owls, particularly those of you who frequent I-10 toward Seguin and Houston.

Continued work on the I-10 expansion project in Far East San Antonio will require ramp and mainlane closures at the I-410 and I-10 interchange this week. 

Our contractor on this project will be closing both the northbound and southbound I-410 ramps connecting to eastbound I-10, as well as the right eastbound mainlane of 1-10 at the connecting ramp from northbound I-410, to provide access for concrete paving trucks.

The closures will be in effect nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. tonight (Monday, December 9) through this Friday, December 13. 

Please see the map above and details below on detour routes during this closure.

DETOURS:
  • Southbound I-410 drivers wishing to access eastbound I-10 will exit at FM 1346/E. Houston Street, turn around, travel on the northbound I-410/eastbound I-10 frontage road through the Ackerman Road intersection and enter the eastbound I-10 mainlanes east of Ackerman.
  • Northbound I-410 drivers wishing to access eastbound I-10 will exit at FM 1346/E. Houston Street, travel on the northbound I-410/eastbound I-10 frontage road through the Ackerman Road intersection and enter the eastbound I-10 mainlanes east of Ackerman.