Construction began on phase I during the summer of 2017 and motorists began seeing construction activities right away, including:
|Columns placed in the early stages of Loop 1604|
direct connector construction
- Construction of frontage road bridges at Mud Creek
- Completion of bridge support columns and foundations for two of the four direct connectors to Loop 1604
- Start of construction for retaining walls between Sonterra Boulevard and Redland Road
- Construct the new frontage roads outside the existing US 281 travel lanes
- Work on all four direct connectors
- Utility adjustments – so many utility adjustments!
- Drainage work
- Install sound walls, bridges and retaining walls where planned
- Construct the sidewalk
|Construction crews work on the footprint of the|
northbound frontage road near Sonterra Boulevard
By breaking construction into these two stages we can minimize traffic impacts and maintain the same level of service you now enjoy. Even when traffic is moved to the frontage roads we will maintain the superstreet configuration.
The construction team is dedicated to mitigating traffic, access and neighborhood impacts as much as possible. To continue to stay up-to-date on construction activities and lane closures sign up to receive email notifications here.
Overall project completion is slated for 2021.