Wednesday, March 8

Northbound Loop 410 E. Houston St. Entrance Ramp to Close

Northbound I-410 East Houston St. Entrance Ramp Scheduled to Close



On Saturday, March 11, Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) contractors will close the northbound I-410 entrance ramp from E. Houston street. The closure is part of the project to improve a portion of the I-410 and I-10 interchange in east San Antonio. 

Workers need to permanently close the entrance ramp due to the design of the new northbound I-410 to eastbound I-10 connector. However, a new entrance ramp will be constructed in a upcoming construction project. The Rigsby Ave. entrance ramp will remain open. 

Motorists who normally use the Houston St. entrance ramp can use the Rigsby entrance ramp or continue on the frontage road to Ackerman and use the westbound frontage road to northbound I-410.

The I-410 & I-10 east interchange project is East San Antonio’s latest effort to improve to safety, reduce congestion, and improve traffic flow at one of the city’s busiest. When completed in 2025, the project will have a new connectors for westbound I-10 to southbound I-410 traffic and a new northbound I-410 to eastbound I-10 connector.