We will close all lanes of I-35 at N. New Braunfels Ave. this weekend while repair crews remove a beam from the N. New Braunfels Ave. overpass bridge. This impacts northbound and southbound traffic.
The closure will begin Friday night at 9 p.m. The highway will reopen in time for Monday's morning commute. New Braunfels Ave. will also be closed at I-35 for this work.
Additionally, the connector ramps from northbound I-37 to northbound I-35 and southbound U.S. 281 to northbound I-35 will be closed.
• Northbound I-35 traffic will exit at N. New Braunfels Ave. Traffic will remain on the frontage road and re-enter the main lanes before N. Walters Ave.
• Southbound I-35 traffic will exit N. New Braunfels Ave. Traffic will remain on the frontage road and re-enter the main lanes after the N. New Braunfels Ave. bridge.
• Traffic heading to the AT&T Center will exit N. New Braunfels Ave. and continue on the frontage road to AT&T Parkway.
• Traffic on N. New Braunfels Ave. will turn right onto the frontage road and use turnarounds to reach its destination.
• Northbound I-37 traffic will take the I-410/Airport exit and travel on eastbound I-410 to northbound I-35.
• Southbound U.S. 281 traffic will take eastbound I-10 to northbound 410 to northbound I-35.
Drivers should consider alternate routes due to long traffic delays. Police will be used at some intersections to improve the flow of traffic.