Friday, November 3

Steel beams to be set over I-410 ... at US 90

Williams Brothers Construction will place steel bridge beams over I-410 at US Hwy 90 over the next two weekends, requiring a near complete shut-down of the busy interchange each weekend.
The beams will form the future eastbound Loop 1604 ramp to northbound I-410.
There's no quick-and-easy explanation of these closures, so we'll be very deliberate covering each direction. Please pay attention to the specific direction you may be traveling (look for a video of this next week).

Nov. 10-13 closure
Beginning Friday, November 10 at 8 p.m. all lanes - frontage road and main lanes - of US Hwy 90 will close at I-410. The main lanes of I-410 will not be affected.
  • Eastbound traffic will take southbound I-410 to Valley Hi, turn around and return to US Hwy 90.
  • Westbound traffic will take northbound I-410 to Hwy 151, turn around and return to US Hwy 90.
  • Southbound I-410 traffic to westbound US 90 will not be affected.
  • Southbound I-410 traffic to eastbound US 90 will exit Valley Hi, turn around and return to US 90 via the northbound frontage road of I-410.
  • Northbound I-410 traffic to eastbound US 90 will not be affected.
  • Northbound I-410 traffic to westbound US 90 will exit Hwy 151, turn around and return to US 90 via the southbound main lanes and frontage roads.
  • All other directions will follow their normal paths.
All lanes will be reopened by 5 a.m. November 13.

Nov. 17-20 closure
Beginning Friday, November 17 at 8 p.m. all lanes - frontage road and main lanes - of I-410 will close at US Hwy 90. The main lanes of US 90 will not be affected.
  • Southbound traffic will exit westbound US Hwy 90 to Hunt Lane, turn around and return to I-410.
  • Northbound traffic will exit eastbound US Hwy 90 to Military Drive, turn around and return to I-410.
  • Eastbound US 90 traffic to northbound I-410 will exit Military Drive, turn around and return to I-410 via the frontage road.
  • Westbound US 90 traffic to southbound I-410 will exit Hunt lane, turn around and return to I-410 via the frontage road.
  • Southbound I-410 traffic to eastbound US 90 will exit US 90 west and turn around at Hunt Lane.
  • Northbound I-410 traffic to westbound US 90 will exit US 90 east and turn around at Military Drive.
All lanes will be reopened by 5 a.m. November 20.

Overnight work, too
The steel beams, once set, will need to be welded into place and have the temporary bracings removed. This will take about a month to accomplish with overnight closures employed to get the job done. These closures will be confined to the main lanes and be in one direction only, with the exception of two or three nights of work over the heart of US 90 and another two or three nights of work over the heart of I-410.
The nights with full closures in both directions will be announced via social media as they are scheduled.
As a rule of thumb, expect closures on US 90 every night between November 13-22 and November 27-30. Expect the same activity on I-410 between November 29 and December 22. If you noted the dates overlap a bit, let us put your mind at ease: we will NOT close both US 90 and I-410 at this location simultaneously.