Thursday, October 15

Full Closure of SH 151 This Weekend In West San Antonio

 


The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is scheduled to perform major closures in west San Antonio on SH 151 this weekend. The closures are expected to greatly impact traffic flow and drivers are encouraged to avoid the area. Details on the specific closures are listed below.

What:                          Full closure of SH 151 mainlanes from just west of I-410 to just east of I-410
Full closure of SH 151 eastbound to westbound turnaround

When:                         Friday, October 16 at 9 p.m. to Monday, October 19 at 5 a.m.

Scheduled Work:      Continued construction of flyover ramps and installation of steel beams


During the closure of SH 151, drivers traveling westbound will be detoured to the frontage roads at the I-410 exit, travel through the intersection and re-enter the mainlanes before Ingram Road. Drivers traveling eastbound on SH 151 will be detoured to the frontage roads at Cable Ranch Road, travel through I-410 intersection and re-enter the mainlanes before W. Military Dr. The eastbound SH 151 flyover ramp to northbound I-410 will remain open to traffic during the weekend closure.

This weekend’s closures will allow crews to install steel beams for flyover ramps at the SH 151 and I-410 interchange as part of scheduled work in phase one of the I-410 Southwest project.  This project involves several improvements to improve mobility and enhance safety along a 14.9 mile stretch of I-410 from SH 16 to Ingram Rd.  

Phase one of the I-410 Southwest project has a total estimated cost of $100 million. Construction began in 2019 and is scheduled to be completed by Summer 2022. Williams Brother’s Construction is the contractor on the project.