Wednesday, October 7

US 87 Ramp to Eastbound I-10 Closure in Comfort, TX


 A temporary signed detour will be implemented on US 87 in Comfort, TX to allow for the completion of a new I-10 eastbound entrance ramp.  The proposed closure is anticipated to begin on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.  The proposed work is expected to take 3-4 weeks.

Northbound US 87, traffic wishing to go eastbound on I-10, will be directed North on US 87 to the westbound frontage road between US 87 and North Creek Rd.  Traffic will then continue on North Creek Rd. over I-10 and back onto the eastbound frontage road.  Traffic will then be allowed to enter at a newly constructed entrance ramp located where the old exit ramp was located. 

Southbound US 87 traffic, wishing to go eastbound, will be directed to follow the same signed detour to get onto EB I-10. 

Motorists in Comfort will also be able to use SH 27  to go eastbound towards San Antonio since SH 27 will not be affected.