Wednesday, December 9

Northbound I-35 Mainlane Overnight Closure in New Braunfels

The northbound Interstate 35 (I-35) mainlanes from the northbound I-35 Kohlenberg Road/Conrads Lane exit ramp (Exit 193) to the northbound I-35 entrance ramp at Old Bastrop Road will be closed overnight from 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12 through 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 13.

During this operation, traffic will detour by taking the northbound I-35 Kohlenberg Road/Conrads Lane exit ramp (Exit 193) to the northbound I-35 frontage road and use the I-35 entrance ramp at Old Bastrop Road to return to the northbound I-35 mainlanes. This operation will allow for improvements to the new overpass at the Parkway intersection which is scheduled to open at the end of 2021.

Also note these additional overnight closures:
  • The northbound I-35 entrance ramp at Kohlenberg Road/Conrads Lane will be closed beginning 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12
  • The turnaround lanes at FM 306 over the I-35 mainlanes will also be closed during this operation
Want to keep up with progress on this project? Continue to check here for blog updates, as well as follow us on Twitter(@TxDOTSanAntoio). Also, you can sign up for email updates by subscribing here http://eepurl.com/gRtrwn.