Update June 25:
Due to slowed production in the recent wet weather, the weekend closures on I-10 and at DeZavala will be pushed back to July 11. The westbound ramp work will be done as weather permits over the next week or thereabouts.
- Tonight (pending weather) Webber Construction will close the westbound ramp to Woodstone Drive. It will reopen by morning. When it reopens, it will have two lanes.
- After the Woodstone ramp is expanded and open, the current westbound exit to DeZavala will permanently close.
- All but one lane of eastbound I-10 is scheduled to close Friday night at 11 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m. Saturday.
- DeZavala Road will close at I-10 Friday night rough Monday morning.
- The turnarounds under I-10 at DeZavala Road will close for a year, beginning Friday night.
- The eastbound exit to DeZavala has been closed a few weeks already, and will reopen at the end of this summer.
- Eastbound and westbound main lanes will be limited. To three 11-foot lanes for the next year, beginning Saturday morning.
So ... Why are we doing this? Part of the expansion of I-10 between Huebner Road and Loop 1604 includes widening the DeZavala overpass bridge. We are also raising the bridge and making it just a bit longer to meet geometric requirements. This means knocking out the old bridges and building new ones.
This Saturday we will demo the first side, the side currently carrying eastbound traffic.
Any hiccups in production - heavy rains are expected all week - will push this closure until July 11.