Friday, October 19

I-10 East Expansion Project Scheduled Closures

Construction is underway to widen I-10 East from four to six lanes between I-410 and Loop 1604. The following closures are scheduled from Sunday, October 21 until Friday, October 26. All work is weather-permitting and subject to change.

Eastbound and Westbound I-10 Mainlanes:
  • Alternating lane closures will occur nightly in both directions as crews perform pavement resurfacing, striping and placement of portable traffic barriers. One lane will remain open in each direction while work is being performed in the other lane. 
Eastbound and Westbound I-10 Frontage Road Lanes:
  • The inside left-turn-only frontage road lanes approaching the Ackerman Road intersection will be closed daily in both directions as crews drill shafts for the newly-widened bridge piers to begin expanding the Ackerman Road overpass.