Friday, October 19

Seeking Details On Upcoming I-10 West Closures? We've Got You Covered!

Weekend of Oct 20th
  •  Eastbound right main lane on I-10 will be closed between US 87 and SH 46 from Friday, October 19, 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, October 22. The closure will allow for construction vehicles to access the eastbound shoulder for its reconstruction.
  • No detours are proposed as the eastbound left main lane will remain open; however, through-traffic motorists should be alerted of slower moving traffic in this area. 
Weekend of Oct 27th
  • Reconstruction of the eastbound I-10 shoulder will continue this weekend, but focused around SH 46 interchange. The eastbound right main lane on I-10 will be closed between Johns Road to east of the SH 46 interchange from Friday, October 26, 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, October 29.
  • The eastbound left main lane will remain open, and through-traffic drivers should be alerted of slower moving traffic in this area. In addition, reconstruction activities will require that the eastbound I-10 exit to SH 46 be closed for a few hours (anticipated to occur on Saturday October 27).
  • During the exit closure, drivers wishing to access SH 46 from eastbound I-10 will be directed to use the Scenic Loop exit, where they will be directed to turnaround so that they can access the SH 46 exit from I-10 westbound.