Wednesday, May 14

Major closure Sunday on I-35

Lane Construction will set bridge support beams forming the new ramp connecting southbound I-35 to southbound I-410 Sunday morning.

In order to do this work, crews will close the northbound main lanes of I-35 from George Beach to Rittiman Road between 3 a.m. and noon Sunday. Only one lane will reopen at noon.

Crews will also close the northbound main lanes of I-410 from Space Center and Rittiman Road at noon Sunday. At least one lane of the main lanes will reopen after 6 p.m.

All lanes will be reopened in time for the Monday morning commute.

Detour routes:

For northbound I-35, traffic will exit George Beach and continue onto the I-410 frontage road. Turn around at Binz-Engleman, follow the northbound I-410 frontage road through Rittiman Road. Reenter northbound I-35 main lanes after Rittiman Road.

For northbound I-410, traffic will exit Space Center and use the frontage road through Rittiman Road. Traffic will reenter northbound I-35 main lanes after Rittiman Road.